Making sure the lymphatic system is functioning well helps protect against the development of disease from the build-up of toxins and consequences of digestive imbalances. Mangistha is a major herbal support for the lymphatic system and one of the 7 herbs in the Colorado Cleanse herb kit.
What Is Manjistha?
According to the Lifespa website, "Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia) is one of Ayurveda's most popular blood purifiers that has been used for lymphatic and liver support. Most health professionals don't realize the important role of the lymphatic system, which drains the wastes from your body and controls and regulates your immune system. It is pumped through muscular contractions, so if one is sedentary, the lymphatic system will eventually become sedentary and will create toxicity in lymphatic related tissues such as the breasts, skin, joints, and muscles. Manjistha is an herb that supports the natural function of the lymphatic system allowing nutrition to feed the cells and wastes to be removed from the body in an optimal fashion. Our formula is a proven proprietary blend formulated by Dr. John Douillard D.C., C.A.P. based on over 30 years of clinical experience and thousands of years of Ayurvedic tradition.4 Major Causes of Lymphatic Congestion
- Stress has been identified as the cause of about 80% of all chronic health issues. The chemistry of stress is degenerative and lymph congesting.
- Chronic digestive imbalances may irritate intestinal villi, which is a classic reason for lymph congestion. As the majority of the lymph in the body surrounds the gut (Gut Associated Lymphatic Tissues (GALT), the quality of the villi are critical for proper lymph flow, detoxification, assimilation and immunity.
- Iodine deficiency is also a common cause of lymphatic congestion. Iodine protects us from a toxic environment and supports the lymph at the cellular level.
- Lack of microbial diversity in the gut allows irritation to the gut wall, resulting in GALT congestion.
Some Common Symptoms of Lymphatic Congestion
- Rings get tight on fingers
- Soreness and/or stiffness in the morning
- Feeling tired
- Bloating / Holding on to water
- Itchy skin
- Weight gain and extra belly fat
- Swollen glands
- Low immunity
- Brain fog
- Breast swelling or soreness with each cycle
- Dry skin
- Mild rash or acne
- Mild headaches
- Elevated histamine and irritation due to common environmental allergens
- Occasional constipation, diarrhea, and/or mucus in the stools
Keep Your Body Drains Clean
The lymphatic system is like the drains in your house and the blood is like the faucets. If the drains are clogged in your sink or toilet, do you only clean out the faucets? I hope not! You would clean the drains. The biggest drain we have in the body is the lymphatic system, which can stay clogged for many years. Manjistha supports healthy immune function in the lymph and blood while also protecting against lead toxicity. (4) This forces us to adapt to an environment of toxins that stresses and weakens immunity and other important pathways of detoxification. The primary ingredient found in Manjistha has been shown to significantly support the body's response to radiation and is a natural chelator of metals in the body. Numerous studies suggest it supports a health inflammatory response to changes in diet and exercise and antioxidant activity. Both are major functions of the lymphatic system. (3)
As we all age, it is the ability to detoxify well and eliminate waste efficiently that will determine longevity and optimal health. When the lymph system becomes congested and loses its ability to remove waste well, the body will start to speak to us; the signs of circulatory congestion ensue.The key is to learn to listen while the body is still whispering, and not wait until it starts screaming."
For More Information
Click the Purchase button to learn more about the science, ingredients, dosage recommendations and any contraindications. If you have any questions about the product for your use, the Lifespa staff is very responsive to questions.